Sunday, August 19, 2007

Frank Dialect

Okay, so I know this was a way of my S.O. coming up with something for me to do so that he/she could pursue his/her interests today. It's raining, our children are gone, and I made the mistake of asking a "computer person" what the heck a blog was. Therefor my challenge became, creating a "blog" site that might amuse and distract me for a while. What I learned immediately was, I have an opinion on everything-clearly. I also learned that the little spot the "blog creators" give you to explain your favorites are not nearly enough room for even someone with half a brain, like me. Heaven forbid, anyone with use of both their left and right hemispheres should chose to create something, they wouldn't get half of their random thoughts on their profile. So as someone with full use of one hemisphere, I would like to expound upon the questions asked in my profile. After all, if this sight is not about my opinion, what good is it?

What are my interests?
Faith, Family, Meaningful Communication, Education, Healthcare, Finance, Politics, Music-My pics, Literature-My pics...after all, Frankly, it is MY Opinion.

What are my Opinions?
Frankly, I am sick and tired of the general media showing such liberal bias and ignorance(okay, Fox News does seem more reasonable and balanced to me) and I 'm not known for keeping my opinions to myself. I was recently told that I babble,and Frankly, I don't care. Andy Rooney, Shep Smith , Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity are my role models. Notice I didn't say idols- There is no place for idolatry on Earth. Not movie stars, literary figures , politicians or financeers. After all, I would like to think that God did give us enough intelligence to learn from past failures. I have many interests and opinions yet would not be considered by many, if any, including my self to be Master of anything. I think that puts me even with the majority of the population, something most strive to pretend to be for their own gain. Try my insurance and salary for the next year, I bet you become far more Joe Public than most of you ever wanted, but again, that is just My Opinion.

What is my favorite movie?
Frankly, I don't like remakes, If you can't come up with an original idea, keep it yourself. We can watch the old classics such as: Yours, Mine and Ours, Freaky Friday, Look Who's Coming to Dinner, War of the Worlds, Sabrina, Gone With the Wind, Miracle on 34th Street, Cat Ballou, Jane Eyre, or Paint Your Wagon. I didn't have to worry about language or nudity or content. I didn't need the opinion of 6 different parents to decide if a movie was "discreet" enough for those "under 17". There were "horror" movies such as Psycho, Wait Until Dark, and King Kong but the terror was more implied than graphic and our imaginations benefited as did the streets and towns we lived near.

What is my favorite music?
As in most areas, my tastes are extremely ecclectic but they are my pics and I choose them for various reasons: Soundtracks from Various Musicals- Rent, Wicked, Les Miserables, Miss Saigon, Into the Woods, Jesus Christ Superstar, Little Shop of Horrors, Hair, Mama Mia, and many more;Contemporary Christian-Audio Audrenaline, Toby Mac, Disciple, SONICFLood, Third Day, & Jeremy Camp; Classic Rock-Eagles, Pink Floyd, Kiss and Current Artists such as-GooGoo Dolls, Green Day, Good Charlotte; Country-Classic and Current(Name one); The obvious classics- Bach, Beethoven, Vivaldi , Rachmaninov; and of course, THE BEATLES. Not that I couldn't come up with a thousand more, but I may babble...I have yet to actually bore someone to death!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

duuude, green day, good charlotte, you are lame